The candidate will make sure that the procurement policy is followed for all procurement and supporting documentation as requested by IIED is filed appropriately at ACTADE (in hard copy and electronically) and shared with IIED on a monthly basis as part of the reporting process for the first 3 months.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 4 years
African Centre for Trade and Development (ACTADE) is a Non-Government Organisation whose main purpose is to influence and facilitate the development and promotion of trade and sustainable development. ACTADE’s programming covers the areas of trade empowerment, inclusive budgeting and climate action.
ACTADE is supporting the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) and the Ministry of Water and Environment to catalyse the implementation of the Least Developed Countries Initiative for Adaptation and Resilience (LIFE-AR) in Uganda. LIFE-AR is a 10-year programme that aims to support LDCs to strengthen their approaches to climate resilience and support learning between countries. Uganda is one of the frontrunner countries.
ACTADE wishes to fill this short-term position with immediate effect.
FINANCE MANAGER is
Reports to Head of Finance and Administration
Responsible for None
- Overall, you will make sure that the procurement policy is followed for all procurement and supporting documentation as requested by IIED is filed appropriately at ACTADE (in hard copy and electronically) and shared with IIED on a monthly basis as part of the reporting process for the first 3 months.
Specifically, you will
- Implement and oversee the financial management of the LIFE-AR project in accordance with donor requirements.
- Ensure the planning and delivery of the substantive project activities by the Ministry of Water and Environment Project Team are in complete harmony with the financial requirements laid down in the Donor Agreement, and are in accordance with the LIFE-AR financial procedures.
- Ensure that all procurements are done as per the procurement policy and all the original supporting documents are fully attached and filed appropriately as requested by IIED.
- Generate monthly project reports and statements for financial management as stipulated in the LIFE-AR project Finance procedures and submit them to the Head of Finance and Administration.
- Attend meetings as called by ACTA DE, IIED, or the Government of Uganda as needed.
- Work with the management team to deliver a cost-recovery model to implement as part of the ongoing fundraising efforts.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management, Accounting, Business Administration or a relevant field attained from a recognized awarding University or Institution?
Professional certification or pursuing certification with ACCA, CIMA, or CPA is a requirement.
- At least four years of professional working experience.
- Demonstrated experience and competence in budgeting, project accounting and financial reporting procedures for aid-funded projects.
- Track record in prudent financial management.
- Experience in Financial Management for a civil society organization -including the design of a cost-recovery model.
- Understanding of working successfully with Government and civil society organisations.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to send their applications enclosing curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates along with the names and contacts of three referees. Indicate your willingness to start work immediately.
Applications should be sent to the Head of Finance and Administration by email at [email protected] Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Applications should be received by 5:00 pm on 30th April 2021.
Plot 2, Agape Close Ntinda, Kigoowa on Kiwatule Road.
P.O.BOX, 16452, Kampala Uganda
+256 414 664 616